Beacon Awards Luncheon
The Beacon Awards are designed to honor excellence in Permian Basin nonprofit organizations by recognizing volunteers and staff of the local nonprofit sector. These awards are for NMC Center Partner members. In addition to the award, the nominating organization will recieve $1,000.
The Judge Pat Baskin Family and W.D. Noël Volunteer of the Year Awards are intended to increase awareness of the importance of volunteering in our community. The awards recognize volunteers who give assistance to the community and receive no remuneration for their efforts. The Judge Pat Baskin Family Volunteer of the Year Award is designed to acknowledge volunteers who are residents of Midland County and the W.D. Noël Volunteer of the Year Award acknowledges Ector County residents. Both awards recognize an adult and youth volunteer in each community.
The awards luncheon will be held September 26, 2017.
Recipients for 2017 awards include:
- Excellence in Governing Board Leadership (Board Member) - Hugh A. "Andy" Shaffer, Midland County Public Library Advisory Board
- Excellence in Organizational Leadership (CEO or Executive Director) - Tim Jebsen, Midland Commnity Theatre
- Program Excellence - ESL Cafe, Midland Need to Read
- Excellence in Technology - Museum of the Southwest
- Excellence in Communications - Midland County Public Libraries
- Judge Pat Baskin Family Volunteer of the Year Award - Christine Foreman, Adult and Alex Alvarado, Youth
- W.D. Noël Volunteer of the Year Award - Pat Lopez, Adult and Avery Bendik, Youth