Volunteer Services Specialist at American Red Cross
The Specialist, Volunteer Services assists with supporting and coordinating the outreach and recruitment of volunteers within specific geographies. Assist regional/chapter leaders in scheduling volunteer meetings, orientation and recognition events. Aids in advancing assigned program and services to meet Chapter’s goals and objectives. Represents the Red Cross within the assigned jurisdiction for the purpose of volunteer engagement.
- At the direction of the Regional Volunteer Services Officer/Senior Specialist
- Outreach & Recruitment: Support outreach and recruitment of volunteers per identified needs of Volunteer Assessment
- Scheduling & Coordination: Scheduling and coordination of in-person orientation/placement of volunteers by volunteer team, volunteer meetings, and volunteer recognition events as planned and executed by volunteers
- Program Services: Assist in programs and services to meet goals and objectives set by the Chapter
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Consistent formal and informal recognition of volunteers
- Partnership building to increase both volunteer capacity and community awareness.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in social service programs. Demonstrated experience of managing multiple priorities
Other: Intermediate proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.