Truck Driver/Warehouse Worker at West Texas Food Bank
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Purpose of the Position: To assist West Texas Food Bank in transporting foods and materials within the service area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and professional execution of product donation pick-ups and deliveries for West Texas Food Bank, driving both short and long distances to accomplish assignments.
- Maintain rapport with donors and/or their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Load and off-load product using a fork lift and/or pallet jack. Exercise safe lifting practices.
- Assist in maintaining an orderly and sanitary warehouse.
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations and maintenance on a daily basis.
- Perform routine general maintenance/repairs on all fleet vehicles including tractor/trailer, reporting problems to Supervisor in writing.
- Will on occasion drive non-CDL vehicles as required/instructed by Supervisor.
- Inspect product donations to assure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Perform duties in accordance with West Texas Food Bank's safety policy.
- Maintain all current licenses, certifications and medical cards, in accordance/compliance with WTFB and Texas mandated requirements.
- Assist staff with warehouse responsibilities and perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager in order to satisfactorily complete agency goals and objectives.
- Occasional overtime will be required.
- Periodic drug testing required, at employer’s request.
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional truck driving experience.
- Possession of a valid Texas Class C driver license
- Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts and dock levelers.
- Proven ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records. Add, subtract, multiply and divide units of weight successfully; compute ratio, rate and percent. Write reports and record transactions with proper format and legibility.
- Ø Exert force and/or lift or carry items weighing 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Up to 2/3 of the time: walk, sit, squat, bend, twist and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
- Up to 1/3 of the time: push or pull; lift or carry large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space; e.g., narrow aisles, high density storage areas, inside of a truck box, etc.; ascend or descend flights of stairs; climb in or out of trucks, docks, and/or forklifts.
- Work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature range of -10 degrees F. to 38 degrees F.
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate well to donors and agency representatives. Speak to customers with poise, voice control and confidence, imparting information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Familiarity with the West Texas area.
- Forklift certified or willing to be trained.
How To Apply
For additional information: please call 432-580-6333