Theatre Manager at Permian Playhouse
The Permian Playhouse is a non-profit community theatre located in Odessa, Texas. Founded over 50 years ago by Enid Holm, the theatre’s primary focus is to provide entertainment that engages, educates and inspires our community through the arts. We also focus heavily on arts education for our community’s youth, as we provides theatre education programs, spring break and summer camps.
The theatre manager oversees all administrative, marketing, and facility maintenance functions of the playhouse, reporting to the Executive Committee through the President. The theatre manager must have excellent customer service, communication and writing skills, the ability to work independently, and strong organizational capacity. The Theatre Manager must be efficient with planning, scheduling and coordinating a variety of efforts. The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual that demonstrates a strong interest in the Permian Playhouse and its productions and programs. This person will bring a combination of communications, business management, and marketing skills along with an excitement for the performing arts and for the benefits the arts bring to the community.
Roles and Responsibilities The theatre manager is the primary face of the Theatre. The primary role of the theatre manager is to: Oversee day-to-day business operations. This includes box office administration – helping patrons with reservations both in person, online and via phone, coordinating the program calendar, updating social media, website and other advertising efforts, handling basic facility maintenance issues as needed, and ensuring the playhouse consistently exceeds the expectations of all patrons.
• Manage the day to day operation, maintenance, and security of the theatre to ensure a clean, safe, and comfortable facility.
• Supervise box office operations including reservations, ticket sales, volunteer coordination and maintain all business files and records.
• Seeking grants and grant reporting and assisting the Board with implementing fundraising activities.
• Attend all performances as supervisor to manage theatre and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for patrons and volunteers.
• Support show directors and production committee to ensure all productions meet artistic and budget goals.
• Report to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors on a monthly basis to give an update on operational activity.
• Coordinate schedule planning in collaboration with the various board committees and education program leaders.
o Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
o Administrative experience in Theatre Arts or related field
o Grant writing and fundraising experience
o Marketing/PR experience such as writing press releases, social media promotions, graphic design,etc.
o Knowledge of computers, including internet-based programs and social media
Hours Full time, 10:00am-6:00pm daily office hours Some evenings and weekends required during performances, showcases & other events
Salary $28,500 annually with bonuses and/or salary increase potential, based on yearly board review. Upon hiring, reviews by the Board of Directors will take place at periods of 90 days, 6 months and one year, with yearly reviews after.
How To Apply
Resumes and supporting materials should be sent to: Catherine Daniels, President Permian Playhouse Board of Directors CatherineRDaniels@gmail.com