Take 2 Job Skills Coordinator at Casa de Amigos
JOB SUMMARY: Assist prospective applicants with individual support and encouragement for improving job readiness through goal setting, case management and referrals for service and educational opportunities. In general, the position will ‘bridge the gap’ and connect low-income and economically disadvantaged participants to additional educational or job skills training resulting in increased income and/or job quality, thus “helping people help themselves”. Duties will include but may not be limited to those described in the duties listed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiates outreach and recruitment of potential applicants for the program.
• Offers comprehensive application and assessment for clients to develop their educational job/career plans.
• Establishes connection and relationship with educational enhancement programs and occupational skills training for the participant.
• Offers student assistance with FASFA/financial aid and the enrollment process, as needed.
• Serves as a liaison for students with college training and workforce sites to support participant efforts.
• Supports job search and placement for the participant.
• Coordinates with service providers for case management services and referrals as needed.
• Maintains ongoing program activity records and individual participant files.
• Maintains accurate and current program records and statistics; submits monthly reports in a timely manner both for agency and fundraising.
• Schedules and facilitates program advisory committee with respective external stakeholders.
• Assures appropriate communications with external stakeholders for program.
• Coordinates with Community Relations Manager for public relations/outreach.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Relates and works well with people of all ages, economic, ethnic, and educational levels
• Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
• Organizational skills; self-motivated
• Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Professional and mature approach
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Computer knowledge and related skills required
HOURS: 40 hours per week. May include some evening/weekend time.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, or related field
• Teaching or counseling experience and knowledge of educational needs.
How To Apply
Please e-mail resume to Tonya Eckert, Executive Director at email@example.com