Southeast Senior Center Part-Time Program Coordinator at Senior Life Midland
Job Description: The Southeast Senior Center Part-time Program Coordinator position is responsible for planning, organizing, implements, supervision and evaluation of educational and recreation programs for senior citizens. Requires strong communication skills to maintain rapport with senior citizen participants, other agencies providing senior services and the general public. Position reports to center Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work as part of a team, to plan, organize, implement and supervise various programs for older adults
• With the center director, plans monitors, and evaluates existing program services and activities; modifies services and activities as necessary. Identifies needs of seniors, develops appropriate program and activities in accordance with agency mission. May be required to lead/participate in these activities, especially those with physical activity.
• Demonstrate courteous and effective communication skills with members, volunteers, staff and the community at large.
• Works with community agencies and resources on the provision of educational programs and other services.
• Develops and coordinates activities to generate attendance, and/or increase volunteers.
• Assist Director with reports, food pantry and serving of lunch (as needed).
• Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
Education and Experience:
• Two years of college and/or specialized education focused on seniors, with at least 1-year supervisor or administrative experience with the elderly. Experience can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
• Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) helpful.
• Computer competency required.
• Must maintain CPS and first aid certification.
• Able to participate/lead physical activities.
How To Apply
Please submit resume and two letters of recommendation to Iris Hall Sanders IHall-Sanders@seniorlinkmidland.org