Senior Services Director at Casa de Amigos
Casa de Amigos is looking for a dynamic, creative and energetic individual to lead the Senior Services Program.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this job is to assist with providing overall direction and services for the Casa de Amigos Senior Services program. General duties will include, but may not be limited to those associated with this purpose and those outlined below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates and supervises senior activities to assure that a full, well-rounded schedule of activities is planned and implemented for Senior Program participants.
• Coordinates and oversees Citywide Program, including, but not limited to recruitment, assessment, assignment and follow up visits of citywide participants.
• Supervises Senior Program staff, including Senior Activities staff, Citywide Program staff, etc.
• Oversees preparation of monthly program calendar.
• Provide social service casework involving senior citizens and citywide participants.
• Acts in an advocate capacity for individual seniors needing help with such matters as Social Security, taxes, medical referrals, insurance.
• Perform outreach and recruitment activities with senior citizens.
• Arrange and coordinate special speakers and programs for Senior Program.
• Coordinates Nutrition Site Manager employed by Senior Links.
• Oversees Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
• Oversees Senior Program Volunteers (nurses, craft leaders, Bible teachers, Bereavement Program, Health, and Social Service Presentations, etc.).
• Provides statistical information for monthly reports; maintains accurate records of client and related program materials.
• Attends appropriate agency and community meetings.
• Coordinates with Community Relations Manager for public relations, outreach activities, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to supervise and delegate responsibilities.
• Ability to organize people, time, and resources.
• Understands group dynamics, democratic processes, and encouraging people to participate.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. May include some evening/weekend time.
• Degree in human services or similar field.
• Computer knowledge.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.