Public Relations Specialist at Midland Chamber of Commerce
This position is responsible for developing all design assets for Chamber events, programs and services in collaboration with the Executive VP of Chamber Relations and other staff as directed. Also serves as liaison to M-Squad Ambassadors. Must possess aptitude to work under constant pressure and time deadlines.
- Develop content and design for print and digital communications
- Coordinate distribution of communications materials (flyers, email blasts, social media posts, etc.)
- Maintain website content (Using CMS)
- Serve as liaison for volunteer committee and provide administrative support
- Assist with production and distribution of all Chamber publications
- Provide social media maintenance for organization
- Provide event set-up assistance and facilitation as needed
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage and lead staff and work in a dynamic team environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point programs as well as expertise in utilizing the internet.
- Experience working with volunteers in a not-for-profit organization
- Professional appearance and demeanor is essential
- Experience with common office equipment
- Must possess interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with media, staff, fellow employees, volunteers, Chamber membership and other business organizations.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three year’s related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in public relations, design, communication or related field and one year related experience.
- A valid and current Texas driver’s license is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb stairs, reach with hands and arms, and to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and calculator is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend a percentage of time working outside of the regular place of work and occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org