Program Specialist at Girl Scouts of the Desert Southwest
Position Summary: This position is accountable for the direct delivery of services and programs, and evaluation of plans to extend and deliver Girl Scout programs throughout the council’s jurisdiction. She/he directs and safely guides multiple participants through various programmed activities and events to achieve desired outcomes by way of experiential learning in a professional manner.
• Work within a balanced budget for all programs and complete monthly and end of year reports as needed.
• Manage grant budgets, activities, evaluations, and reporting in a cost efficient and timely manner.
• Implement a comprehensive plan for girl and adult program delivery, to ensure that Girl Scouting is available to all segments of the population within the council’s jurisdiction supporting the recruitment and retention of all members.
• Promote Girl Scout programs to ensure strong member participation.
• Ensure the safety of each participant during programs and events by properly setting up the activities and/or event, inspecting the location and equipment and properly instructing the use of the same to participants.
• Utilize Girl Scout On-Demand program resources and curriculum that address the needs and interests of Girl Scout members and attract nonmembers to the organization.
• Manage the Girl Award process in an efficient and organized manner and maintain contact with Girl Award participants.
• Coordinate the collection of data related to the effectiveness of the Girl Scout program and desired outcome measures, ensuring that delivery systems reflect the identified needs and interests of girls and adult volunteers.
• Ensure compliance with the council and Girl Scouts of the USA’s philosophy, policies, and procedures.
• Integrate the work of the membership unit to ensure consistent interpretation and delivery of the Girl Scout programs.
• Provide support for membership recruitment programs and events.
• Maintain positive contacts with community organizations and educational institutions.
• Utilize the single-entry system to ensure consistency in volunteer entry, orientation, appointment, development, oversight, and evaluation of council adult volunteers.
• Maintain an effective recordkeeping database.
• Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all internal and external sources.
• Promote and utilize governance committees and tasks groups.
• Resolve conflicts and provide advice, counsel, and information.
• Maintain records, prepare reports, and confer regularly with Program Director and CEO, Member Services.
• Perform other special assignments as delegated by the Program Director or CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Ability to make a commitment to the philosophy of Girl Scouting, both nationally and locally.
• Excellent administrative, organizational, time management, communication, public speaking, managing multiple tasks and duties, and leadership skills.
• Excellent writing skills and experience preparing written materials for use by the public.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member and to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to motivate volunteers and promote teamwork.
• Willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge and experience in Girl Scout program and operations.
• Maintain throughout employment a valid TX or NM driver’s license and insured vehicle in good working order. Must provide proof of insurance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Membership in G.S.U.S.A.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting upper body.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Capable of viewing computer monitor for long periods.
• Continuous indoor and outdoor activity and exposure to florescent light.
• Frequent exposure to computer, video, and other copier emissions.
• Some outdoor activities and exposure to weather.
Other Working Conditions:
• Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate office attire.
• A criminal background check is required.
• Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
• Frequent work under stress and under pressure deadlines with overlapping projects.
• Continuous ability to work well with others.
Important Note: The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Girl Scout Council.
Girl Scouts of the Desert Southwest is an EOE Employer.
How To Apply
Contact Patti Gonzalez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org