Full-time Warehouse Processor at West Texas Food Bank
Background Information on the West Texas Food Bank: The West Texas Food Bank seeks to eliminate hunger by procuring, storing and distributing surplus food and grocery products and transferring that product in usable quantities through a network of more than 200 community- and faith-based nonprofit organizations in 22 West Texas counties. Partnering agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, after-school programs, senior citizen centers, low-income daycare centers, social service centers, emergency shelters, and residential treatment programs.
Job Function: Position performs routine duties related to sorting and repacking bulk food and grocery product for distribution and other warehouses duties as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise volunteers as needed
- Presort, inspect, clean, sort and box product for distribution.
- Assist with record keeping associated with salvage and donated product inventory, pest control and cleaning schedules
- Maintain and sanitize appropriate warehouse areas.
- Follow first in, first out priority system of processing.
- Truck loading, unloading and delivery when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Direct Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or commensurate experience
- Able to lift heavy objects (50 pounds) and warehouse work
- Skill to operate palate jacks.
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Willingness to work with and/or supervise volunteers.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Willingness to work weekends and nights.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Food handles card.
- Valid driver’s license
- Warehouse experience
- Skill to operate forklift or willingness to learn.
- Background check will be conducted.
Affirmative Recruitment Statement: The West Texas Food Bank conducts its recruitment program in a manner to identify highly qualified individuals from all segments of society. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Selection decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: This nonprofit organization provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Executive Director. The decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the Food Bank, as assigned.
How To Apply
For additional information on this position or the Food Bank, please call the following number: 432-580-6333