Philanthropy Coordinator at Sul Ross State University - Borderlands Research Institute
• Designs and implements a comprehensive development plan for the BRI to engage new and current donors for the long-term success of the BRI.
• Working with BRI Director, oversees the development and implementation of a campaign strategy.
• Personally manages a focused portfolio of 25 principal gifts, donors, and prospects to increase giving, deepen relationships with the BRI, and build a pipeline of support.
• Develops and maintains a collaborative working alliance with BRI faculty and staff.
• Stays current with BRI priorities and needs to help identify private sector funding sources.
• Assists with donor prospecting (including the use of Metasoft’s Foundation Search).
• Works with identified BRI Advisory Board to develop and further relationships.
• Ensures the BRI crafts effective proposals, reports, acknowledgements, and other related communications.
• Oversees the development of fundraising/marketing collateral.
• Coordinates various cultivation and stewardship activities, including small, high-level field trips, fundraising and educational events.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. Duties unique to BRI and other duties as assigned. Position is security sensitive.
For a more detailed job description including qualification please visit -
How To Apply
Using link above, upload a letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references and completed Sul Ross application.
Human Resources, Sul Ross State University, Box C-13, Alpine, TX 79832. Phone (432) 837-8058; fax (432) 837-8244; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled.