Midland Volunteer Connections Coordinator (Part-Time Position) at Midland Shared Spaces
The Midland Volunteer Connections Coordinator (MVC) of Midland Shared Spaces (MSS) oversees the daily implementation and operation of the Midland Volunteer Connections program and is a representative of Midland Volunteer Connections to the community. The MVC Coordinator also plays a role in IT support for MSS.
The Midland Volunteer Connections Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
Mission & Program:
• Thoroughly understand Midland Shared Spaces’ mission, values, key stakeholders and strategic plan;
• Thoroughly understand the importance and role of community volunteerism;
• Ensures that appropriate program services are provided through MVC that are consistent with the mission of MSS;
• Work with the MSS Executive Director to recommend policies and procedure consistent with best practices related to MVC. Public
Awareness & Accountability:
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions;
• Work within the MSS approved budget;
• Implement a marketing plan to increase visibility, publicity and education of the community concerning MVC through a variety of methods;
• Increase visibility of MVC and maintain good community relations.
• Participate as a member of the MSS staff team;
• Work directly with tenants to identify areas of potential volunteer need;
• Work with non-profit sector to identify areas of potential volunteer need;
• Work with community to identify potential community volunteers.
• Participate in staff development as requested;
• Participate in Galaxy Digital trainings as required;
• Assist in creating a volunteer training component of MVC;
• Participate in volunteer trainings as needed.
• Possess a general understanding of current technology;
• Under the supervision of the MSS IT Director, implement the technology related to MVC including proper implementation of maintaining and updating existing data;
• Be willing to acquire new skills related to the technology required to operate MVC.
• Provide support to MSS IT in the following roles:
o Update and maintain tablets and laptops for tenant agency usage
o Update and maintain the schedule of events and visitor information on the MSS Wayfinder
o Understand and be able to support shared room technology.
o Manage and Maintain an inventory of A/V bags
o Understand and be able to provide basic troubleshooting for in-suite supported technology
*Other responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Basic understanding of current technology
• High School Degree
• Work experience
• An effective communicator
• Served in a volunteer capacity
• Willingness to learn
• Willingness to reach out and meet new people
• Willingness to speak in public
• Familiarity with volunteer organizations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Flexibility in work hours (regular schedule expected between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., except for special events)
How To Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org