Meals on Wheels and Homebound Services Caseworker at Senior Link Midland
Meals On Wheels and Homebound Services Caseworker Job Responsibilities:
Determines eligibility and continued eligibility for clients by gathering and recording client information as mandated by state and federal contracts.
Caseworker Job Duties:
- Determines client eligibility by assessing client physical or mental impairment. enters client information into client file.
- Provides clients with information by explaining program policies, client’s rights and responsibilities and community resources.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other agencies.
- Prepares new intake folders by gathering paperwork for scheduled home visits.
- Packs and sends out care packages for clients and records information.
- Provides information to callers regarding client eligibility and other services.
- Serves and protects clients and client information by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Attends community resource fairs and meetings
- Must be comfortable entering client homes and be non-judgmental regarding the client lifestyle or personal habits.
- Driving of personal and company vehicle and other duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned/cross training with other positions within the agency.
Caseworker Skills and Qualifications:
MUST BE ABLE TO COMPLETE A MINIMUM OF 4 ASSESSMENTS PER DAY IN ORDER TO MEET FEDERAL AND STATE DEADLINES.
Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, High Energy Level, Data Entry Skills, Language Fluency, Teamwork, Typing, walking and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. must be able to work with diverse populations. Job schedule requires flexibility and occasional weekend work.
Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years’ experience in social work related field.
How To Apply
Please send resume and two letters of recommendation to: Paul Cervantez email@example.com