Human Resource Manager at High Sky Children's Ranch
High Sky Children’s Ranch is a residential, non-profit care facility dedicated to healing abused children and promoting family wellness. We work with the surrounding communities to effectively teach a curriculum of family living skills, academic, vocational and social skills to successful integrate children into productive, independent adults.
We are currently seeking a Human Resource Manager. This individual would provide strategic leadership, effective oversight, direction and coordination of all human resource activities including employment/staffing, labor relations, benefits, HRIS, and organizational development. High energy, positive attitude, trustworthiness and a fun sense of humor are required.
Job Type: Full-time / Reports directly to the Executive Director
Location: 8613 W. County Rd 60, Midland, TX 79707
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of in-depth knowledge of HR best practices
- PHR, SPHR or SPHR-SCP preferred
- APS software experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onboarding/termination of new hires and current staff employees. Support recruiting needs
- HRIS employee setup and workflow / Back-up to the payroll administrator
- Advise the Executive Director on policy, implementation and other strategies while serving as a trust liasion between management and employees
- Administer health care plans
- Design and implement employee training and education plans
- Oversee performance management and compensation review
- Oversee HR budgetary finances
- Manage background checks, DL checks, and compliance issues on all staff
- Advise management on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend any needed changes.
- Ensure Employee Policies and Procedures are current and accurate
- Maintain compliance with licensing and contract standards, employment law, and personnel procedures
- Contribute to various Ad Hoc projects
- Perform other related and assigned duties as required
- Employee health insurance premium – 100% paid by High Sky Children’s Ranch
- 403(b) retirement savings plan – employer contribution
- PTO plan with 16 paid Holidays
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicles or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under High Sky's insurance policy. Must be age 25 or older to drive on behalf of High Sky. < 10% travel with this position.
How To Apply
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
High Sky Children’s Ranch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities