Food Source Coordinator at West Texas Food Bank
Full Time— Hourly Position
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Operations
Job Summary: Call on food companies, growers, wholesalers, grocery stores, distributors, restaurants and other food related industries to increase overall food and food related donations to WTFB. Offer professional customer service that will attract not only new, but repetitive food donations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and develop food donor prospect list.
- Coordinate food solicitation presentation materials.
- Develop a standard process plan for food solicitation.
- Maintain an activity/phone call log.
- Meet quota of weekly “out in the field” sales calls.
- Keep in regular contact with ongoing donors for available product.
- Track and acknowledge donors
- Maintain relationships with Feeding Texas member food resources
- Join or participate in food trade conferences.
- Work with other food resources to utilize outside logistic and Feeding America member transportation opportunities effectively.
- Work with TFBN and other staff to maximize TDA opportunities and grant dollars
- Participates in Special Events
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred, and knowledge of food banking and food industries
- Sales experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Strong customer focus
- Strong organizational skills/Interpersonal skills/relationship building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain multiple accounts and complete follow up correspondence on a regular basis
- Work schedule flexibility
- Ability to both lift and carry 30 lbs. as well as to stand for ½ a day
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation
- Experience operating computer/standard office equipment.
- Commitment to understanding and supporting WTFB’s mission; Shows compassion and an appreciation for hunger issues.
While this job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position, it does not include all potential duties that may be assigned by supervisor, and it may be modified to reflect changes in the requirements or functions of the position, or needed for the efficient operation of the Food Bank
How To Apply
For additional information: please call 432-580-6333