Financial Literacy Coordinator at Casa de Amigos
The purpose of this job is to coordinate the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and provide clients with knowledge and skills to improve their financial stability aid in accomplishing the agency’s mission of “Helping People Help Themselves.” Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, those described in the specific duties listed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as the site-coordinator and staff representative for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA).
• Provides orientation, coordinates training, and provides supervision for VITA, Money Smart and financial literacy volunteers.
• Coordinates volunteers and clients appointment times as to achieve maximum efficiency of all involved parties.
• Determines specific interests and needs of the clients in relation to financial literacy and develops projects and classes accordingly.
• Coordinates classes with collaborative partners to expand the client’s skills in money management, budgeting, etc. for all program areas of Casa de Amigos.
• Identifies and recruits clients in need of Financial Literacy Services.
• Maintains relationship with IRS Stakeholder Relations Personnel.
• Maintains accurate and current program records and statistics; submits monthly program reports.
• Maintains awareness of other programs and resources both within Casa de Amigos and in the community; coordinates and refers when appropriate.
• Coordinates with community relations manager for public relations and outreach.
• Attends seminars, training and certification programs as needed and necessary to position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Professional and courteous manner; possess personal maturity and sound judgment.
• Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Relates and works well with people of all ages, ethnicity, economic and educational levels.
• Maintains client confidentiality.
• Good computer skills.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. May include some evening/weekend time.
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred (associate’s degree).
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Tonya Eckert, Executive Director at email@example.com.