Facilities Technician at Midland Children 's Rehabilitation Center
Summary description: The primary purpose of the Facilities Technician is to maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable, Federal, State and Local standards, guidelines and regulations. Employee is expected to follow established policies and procedures of MCRC, and as directed by the supervisor, to ensure that a successful maintenance program is maintained at all times.
Minimum Requirements: This position requires a High School diploma, or equivalent. On the job training is provided. Employee must be able to communicate effectively, and must possess the ability to make independent decisions and follow instructions. Employee is expected to perform heavy housekeeping duties i.e. mopping, vacuuming, and change light bulbs. Must be able to climb a ladder (12 foot max height). Must be able to operate hand tools, operate lawn equipment (blower, weed eater, etc); must have the ability to multi task. Must have endurance for physical labor. The employee is expected to maintain assigned work hours and the position requires endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours. The position requires the ability to perform essential functions without posing a "direct threat" in the work place.
Character traits: Good oral and written communication skills Integrity and respect for the rights of others to include confidentiality Good people skills Leadership ability Self starter Willingness to learn
Essential Job functions and expectations:
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule when required (to include sprinkler system, mister and water well)
- Performs routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways, etc. as required
- Routine maintenance as required to repair facility, equipment or property
- Ability to provide other maintenance duties as directed
- Accepts other assignments as given
- Safety and sanitation:
- follow all established safety procedures and precautions;
- follow all policies and procedures as stated in MCRC manual
- Keeps supervisor updated to equipment and or supply needs of the Center Assists others in heavy lifting, rearranging of furniture and other things such as special projects
How To Apply
Call or email Brooke Mueller 432-498-2053 firstname.lastname@example.org