Facilities & Services Manager at The Way Retreat Center
Job Title: Facilities and Services Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
The Facilities and Services Manager (“Manager”) will work under the direction and guidance of Executive Director. Major decisions will be approved/disapproved by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors while the Manager will be in charge of implementation of items approved or disapproved by the board or director. The Manager will, with input as needed, make decisions on the day-to-day operations of the facility.
The facilities and services manager will be responsible for all maintenance and housekeeping tasks. They will work closely with the ED and Executive Assistant to ensure all activities are properly prepared for. Work schedule will vary based on events scheduled at The Way.
· Responsible for hiring and firing temp, contract and part-time workers as suitable for The Way activities including janitorial and maintenance staff
· Produce schedules and track hours for employees supervised
· Train and manage staff
Maintenance of Facility:
· Maintaining a service schedule for all mechanical systems
· Repairing items throughout facility
· Maintaining exterior of the facility for the entire complex
Serviceability of all guest facilities:
· Responsible for arranging daily cleaning of facilities
· Making sure all rooms are set and ready for the day’s events
· Cleaning all areas of the center as deemed necessary by self and the ED
· Maintain open and effective communication with all guests at the facility
· Strive to provide the most enjoyable experience for guests at The Way
· Keeping statistical and financial records for maintenance and housekeeping
· Assessing and improving efficient use of funds
· Problem solving
· Overseeing stock levels and ordering supplies
· Maintain updated disclosures, policies, and procedures for The Way
· Provide a monthly report to the executive director and keep in communications on an as-requested basis with the board.
The Manager will be committed to:
· the Christian mission of The Way;
· following the highest ethical standards, ensure accountability and comply with all laws;
· helping develop future board leadership and assist the board in the recruitment of volunteers;
· supporting board decisions and assist and/or lead the board in the planning process.
The Manager will also be responsible for other projects and/or services deemed appropriate by The Way Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in hotel, hospitality, or property management. Candidate will possess a proven track record in leadership, the hospitality industry, budgeting, planning and ability to work well with staff, volunteers and visitors. Knowledge of resource development, philanthropy and volunteer experience a plus.
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com