Executive Director at Midland Habitat for Humanity
RESPONSIBILITIES: Principal affiliate leader, who plans, develops and establishes policies and objectives for the organization in accordance with board directives and organizational mission. This is the top executive in the organization, reporting to the Board of Directors and must be the affiliate’s Habitat expert.
PURPOSE: The Executive Director, in accordance with the objectives, policies and directives set forth by the affiliate Board of Directors provides overall executive leadership for the Affiliate and Habitat ReStore. Responsibilities include: supervision and mentoring of paid staff; maintaining and enhancing the infra-structure of the affiliate; serving as the primary communication link among directors, officers, committees and volunteers; networking with community partners; serving as the public face and corporate spokesperson for Midland Habitat for Humanity; providing the necessary management to ensure that the whole organization runs smoothly and effectively while carrying out the goals and objectives of mission.
Oversee the Affiliate's Paid and Volunteer Personnel
• Develop and support mutual expectations with board, committees and staff with monthly meetings and reports
• Upon budget approval, employ, supervise and evaluate paid staff members
• Oversee the orientation, training, evaluation and nurturance of board members, volunteers and staff, to help ensure that they are making worthwhile and fulfilling contributions to the work of the affiliate
Manage the business of the affiliate
• Ensure that Habitat and affiliate policies are faithfully maintained by the board, committees and staff
• Assist the board in developing, maintaining, and amending proposed annual budget
• Communicate with Treasurer and Financial Director about accounts payable; deposits; signing checks, internal financial controls; etc.
• Complete corporate and foundation grant requests in a timely and accurate manner
• Complete annual Loan Origination Compliance Training through American Bankers Association, acting as the Compliance Officer for Midland Habitat for Humanity and ensuring that the Financial Director also completes annual certification.
• Maintain and update Policy and Procedure manual for employees
• Maintain close working relationship with construction superintendent/general contractor, including working knowledge of site progress to ensure that projects are built within time and budgetary parameters
• Maintain close working relationship with Habitat ReSTORE employees ensuring that the store meets goals and regulations for a safe, profitable income unit for Midland Habitat for Humanity
• Oversee management of Habitat office, to ensure that: Correspondence and messages go to appropriate committees; records system is maintained; timely donation receipts given and retained; state, federal, and Habitat reports filed; homeowner documents kept in locked file; original legal papers kept in safety deposit; etc.; legal accountability is maintained regarding nondiscrimination & donations
Provide leadership for fundraising, marketing and partner relations
• Work with the Fundraising Committee Chair to establish and implement development strategies including appropriate donor and volunteer appreciation and events
• Develop volunteer, community and donor database for communication & donor management
BA or BS Degree. Advanced degree preferred. Excellent speaking and writing skills are critical.
Five years in 501C3 non-profit management, fund raising, project management and government relations experience helpful.
Mortgage lending or financial experience preferred.
Ability to work in varied socio-economic levels.
This is an exempt, salaried position.
How To Apply
To apply send resume with a cover letter to Laurie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org