Executive Director at Sibley Nature Center
Sibley Nature Center, Midland, Texas, is seeking an Executive Director with a passion for nature or science. The Executive Director is the key management leader with ulitmate responsibility for the overall administration, finanical management and fund raising, program development, facilities management, personnel adminstration, community relations, and Board relations.
Mission & Program:
· Thoroughly understand Sibley Nature Center and its mission and policies, culture, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, finances, facilities and strategic plan.
· Ensure that appropriate educational programs and services are provided in the service area consistent with the mission.
· Supervise stewardship of Sibley’s 49-acre campus and infrastructure. Seek to improve and develop the facility in such a way as to maximize its beauty and utility for our educational mission as well as for the enjoyment of our citizens.
· Oversee and expand fundraising activities including memberships, individual giving, foundation grant support and foundation relationships, corporate participation, and special fundraising events, including Capital Campaigns.
· Oversee planning and implementation of special events.
· Identify, cultivate and solicit donors in collaboration with development personnel and board members.
· Direct the placement of human resources to facilitate accomplishment of goals and objectives through effective recruiting, hiring, evaluation and feedback, training, developing, coaching, counseling and mentoring strategies.
· Experience and/or a passion for nature or science.
· Leadership/management experience within the context of current or recent employment. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, required.
· Experience in working effectively with a Board of Directors.
· Leadership and strategic qualities to develop and manage staff and to direct day-to-day activities and operations.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Budgeting and fiscal management experience.
· An organized and strategic approach to fundraising with experience in managing, developing and coordinating successful fundraising efforts.
· Success in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors.
· Knowledgeable of the legislative/ advocacy process.
· Familiarity with volunteer management.
· Ability to recruit, train, counsel, motivate and lead.
· An effective communicator who is articulate and persuasive in written and verbal communications; adept at crafting proposals, donor correspondence and other kinds of materials and making presentations to a variety of audiences.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability in building partnerships, coalitions, individual relationships; ability to bring together diverse segments of the community to work together for a common goal.
· Use of technology and information systems in increasing organizational effectiveness.
Sibley Nature Center celebrates the southern Llano Estacado, Edwards Plateau and Trans Pecos Regions of West Texas. Its mission is to create understanding and appreciation of the nature and history of western Texas through a broad range of educational programs and personal experience.
To view a more detailed job description.
How To Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Laurie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: April 15, 2018.