Education and Program Coordinator at Midland County Pulbic Libraries
The Program & Education Coordinator has the overall responsibility for managing, planning, organizing, and coordinating library programs, community relationships, and communications strategies. This position requires a person with energy and creativity. This administrative position works to develop and maintain community partnerships, identify opportunities for Library participation in local events and develop innovative programming and marketing strategies in conjunction with other County, Library, and Partner Agency staff. Enjoys working with all kinds of people, lobbies for support from individuals and businesses, and works to engage organizations and individuals in the community by building partnerships and increasing awareness of Library Services. Develops, coordinates and presents community programs; manages the preparation of library marketing materials; understands the grant and fundraising cycle; and, represents the library in the community. May be responsible for library administrative duties such as coordinating volunteers, handling building issues, running reports, opening/closing buildings, etc. Work requires limited supervision and the use of independent judgment and discretion. Position will communicate the library’s vision and action plan with the community.
About the Institution Directed by the Texas Library Associations former Librarian of the Year, the Midland County Public Library system is comprised of 2 full service libraries, a bookmobile, and a law library. The system has won numerous national, state, and local awards since the opening of the Centennial Library in 2013. Its Downtown Library will receive a major renovation in 2018. The system is supported in excellence by the Midland County Public Library Foundation, and over 200 partner agencies annually. Midland County is home to approximately 150,000 residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Facilitates and coordinates implementation of programs throughout the library;
• Evaluates and adjusts diverse library programs to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the community;
• Responsible for overseeing the design and content of all promotional materials for library;
• Participates in planning and goal setting for the library;
• Leads other supervisory staff to reinforce activities and service in support of the library’s goals and objectives;
• Cooperate with coordinators in the area to maximize program opportunities and eliminate duplication and overlap;
• Serve as the liaison between program staff, sponsor and affiliates;
• Coordinate with the Library Director to formulate annual budget and prepare reports as needed;
• Conducts research to stay abreast of rapidly changing trends and technologies as they apply to public service in particular and library service in general;
• Develop courses and programs to meet the needs of business, industry and the community;
• Responds to personnel concerns and complaints, and resolve problematic or difficult issues;
• Assist staff member in identifying their training needs, and improving their KSA’s;
• Responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and orienting volunteers, as well as providing them with guidance as needed;
Supervisory Responsibilities Supervises the library system in the absence of the Library Director and Assistant Library Director.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. MLS preferred Knowledge Of Personnel practices and procedures; supervisory management principals; standard office practices and procedures; open government and public information requests; county government operations and offices, including the court system. Excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of grant research and writing preferred. Knowledge of personal computer and software including Microsoft and calculator. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Valid Texas DL with acceptable Driving record.
How To Apply
To Apply Pre-application materials and any questions should be submitted in PDF or Word format via email to John Trischitti email@example.com 1. Cover letter 2. Resume