Education and Outreach Coordinator at Keep Midland Beautiful
Keep Midland Beautiful Education and Outreach Coordinator Job Description The primary responsibility of the Education and Outreach Coordinator is to work with and report directly to the Executive Director to create and implement an education and outreach program for Keep Midland Beautiful (KMB). The Education and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and implementation of day-to-day education and outreach operations, curriculum, new education program development, and evaluation of all KMB education programs.
• Recommend budget needs for education program; prioritize needs; and identify best resources.
• Develop educational curriculum (student, teacher, business, and community) and take an active role leading presentations to ensure program goals are met.
• Ensure that program design and implementation remain aligned to the organization’s mission and fulfill grant requirements.
• Work with schools and teachers, counselors, principals, business leaders, etc. to promote, schedule and coordinate education and service projects within organizations.
• Work to develop and assist recycling and green teams in organizations.
• Represent KMB among select local professional associations related to environmental education. Attend trainings, local resource meetings, etc. that have pertinent information that relate to the program(s), and other meetings as required by the ED.
• Implement social media, website, and newsletter maintenance, especially in education and recycling program areas.
• Responsible for inputting data for statistics and monthly reports.
• Liaison to public awareness & education committee.
• Commitment to empowerment of individuals to take personal responsibility for environment.
• Work with ED on education aspect of all events, programs and projects and help where and when needed.
• Other related duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a passion for the environment and excellent people, communications, project management, curriculum development, and teaching skills.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or multiple years of experience in the field.
• Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of school, business and community partners.
• Experience teaching youth, adults, and professionals in formal and/or informal settings.
• A flexible schedule is required, including some evenings and weekends.
• Excellent organizational, telephone and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess computer skills-required proficiency with Word, Excel and the Internet; additional computer skills are a strong plus, such as social media and a variety of software programs is helpful.
• Self-motivated, self-directed, and organized with attention to details.
• Must be able to work independently, with community or team members and collaboratively with other agencies.
• Bilingual – Spanish speaking – preferred but not required.
Hours: This is a full-time position, which will require some work on weekends and evenings to support events. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some evening and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: KMB offers a progressive work environment, health care and dental benefits, paid vacation, and salary commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com