Director of Marketing and Development at SHARE
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Director of Marketing and Development facilitates the organization’s fundraising efforts, reports to the ED of the organization and is responsible for fundraising related to grant writing, events and all other assigned fundraising duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of SHARE’s programs
- Maintain and enhance relationships with current funders and identify new foundation supporters
- Prepare and submit all grant applications in a timely fashion
- Manage compliance with fundraising entities (database management, grant reports, etc.)
- Implement and maintain a grant report
- Collaborate with the E.D. on all grant activitymanage logistics for all event fundraising in collaboration with staff, board and volunteers
- Manage donor database- data input, tax acknowledgements, etc.
- Collaborate with board to cultivate and develop the individual donor base and corporate donations
- Makes presentations to the Board on Marketing and Communications strategies and activities.
- Develops a marketing strategy that effectively markets the organization and educates the public in terms of issues and maximizes the organization's fundraising efforts.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an annual, strategic, special events calendar that ensures the efforts, resources and the volunteer time are utilized in a manner that provides the greatest return to the organization.
- Ensures all events are planned to capture the attention of the intended audience and the media.
- Manages the production of each event ensuring all appropriate sponsorships are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Develops and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public.
- Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media.
- Ensures the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization.
- Ensures the development of advertising and promotional plans and manages the annual advertising and promotional budget.
- Performs other duties as directed by the E.D.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director Classification: Non-exempt
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Experience in business and/or nonprofit leadership as staff or volunteer
• Experience in budgeting, financial management and fiscal control
• Successful fundraising experience, including grant writing
• Proven ability to manage and organize multiple time sensitive projects, while providing attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Office and accounting and fundraising software programs
• Working knowledge of computer hardware
• Competence in outcome evaluation processes
• Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
• Confident, energetic and enthusiastic
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and references to Tom Jones email@example.com