Director of Marketing and Development at SHARE
The Director of Marketing and Development facilitates the organization’s fundraising efforts, reports to the ED of the organization and is responsible for fundraising related to grant writing, events and all other assigned fundraising duties. He/she is responsible for oversight of all marketing efforts of the organization, development of a multi-media marketing strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Experience in business and/or nonprofit leadership as staff or volunteer
• Experience in budgeting, financial management and fiscal control
• Successful fundraising experience, including grant writing
• Proven ability to manage and organize multiple time sensitive projects, while providing attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Office and accounting and fundraising software programs
• Working knowledge of Social Media and appropriate use in marketing
• Working knowledge of computer hardware
• Competence in outcome evaluation processes
• Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
• Confident, energetic and enthusiastic
• Self-motivated Responsibilities
Maintain and enhance relationships with current funders and identify new foundation supporters Prepare and submit all grant applications in a timely fashion
Manage compliance with fundraising entities (database management, grant reports, etc.)
Implement and maintain a grant report
Collaborate with the E.D. on all grant activity
Manage logistics for all event fundraising in collaboration with staff, board and volunteers
Manage donor database- data input, tax acknowledgements, etc.
Collaborate with board to cultivate and develop the individual donor base and corporate donations
Develops a marketing strategy that effectively markets the organization and educates the public in terms of issues and maximizes the organization's fundraising efforts.
Responsible for the development and implementation of an annual, strategic, special events calendar that ensures the efforts, resources and the volunteer time are utilized in a manner that provides the greatest return to the organization.
Ensures all events are planned to capture the attention of the intended audience and the media.
Manages the production of each event ensuring all appropriate sponsorships are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner.
Oversees the development and implementation of communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public. Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media.
Ensures the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization.
Ensures the development of advertising and promotional plans and manages the annual advertising and promotional budget.
Makes regular presentations to the Board on Marketing and Communications strategies and activities.
Performs other duties as directed by the E.D. SHARE offers a very competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus a benefits package that includes medical, 401Kr, flexible schedule, 18 PTO days, and holidays.
How To Apply
Applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Tom Jones firstname.lastname@example.org Office:432-818-1253