Director at Midland ISD Education Foundation
POSITION FUNCTION/PURPOSE: Responsible for development and implementation of a comprehensive internal and external development program to provide financial assistance to the Midland ISD Education Foundation and the Midland ISD.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated interest in professional growth
- Energetic with a proven record of successful marketing, communications, grant writing and general fund-raising for non-profit organizations
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate all meetings and functions of the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Board of Directors in development of a master plan and monitor progress of both short and long-term goals.
- Direct development program to cultivate, motivate and solicit individual, foundation and corporate donors which includes the development and maintenance of a computerized system of donor information and reports on trends.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments and practices in fundraising, planned giving and tax laws related to charitable giving (to include annual giving, annuities, trusts, wills and bequests, corporate giving, estate planning, foundation and governmental grants, memorials and tributes).
- Plan, direct and supervise the preparation and production of all publications and development and maintenance of all mailing lists and audiovisual productions.
- Provide advice, counsel and general departmental support to all volunteer organizations and committees regarding communications, operations and development.
- Serve as the official representative and spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Maintain membership and represent the Foundation in appropriate professional groups, organizations, associations and community service clubs.
- Provide community awareness programs through presentations to clubs and organizations, publications and special programs.
- Plan, direct and supervise the implementation of the Foundation’s internal and external public relations programs.
- Responsible for the development of effective media relations.
- Recommend and institute programs and projects on pre-determined timetables.
- Serve as liaison between the Foundation and the Midland ISD.
- Supervise, direct and/or perform clerical duties necessary to the operation of the Foundation.
- Investigate and determine the adaptability of successful fundraising programs of other voluntary non-profit organizations.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget.
- Coordinate Foundation affairs with existing school/community partnership programs.
- Coordinate Foundation and district grant applications for funds from private-sector resources.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Emotional – Maintain emotional control under stress
Physical – Moderate carrying and lifting. Standing, sitting, walking, use of fingers, eyes and ears
Environment – Inside normal office environment
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in business administration, communication, or appropriate field
EXPERIENCE: Comprehensive fund-raising experience in a management position
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
How To Apply
Visit https://midlandisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2645 for more information and to apply.