Development Director at Basin PBS/KPBT
Position Summary: Basin PBS (KPBT) is seeking a Development Director. This position will plan and oversee all aspects of fundraising; including day to day department performance, individual, corporate, planned and major giving campaigns, and grant writing. Basin PBS is a nonprofit, television station covering the Permian Basin and Trans Pecos area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, direct and manage all activities and professional staffing of the development department; develop and implement an annual operational plan for all program areas.
• Provide oversight for planning and implementation of annual giving programs through direct response, on-air and online pledge methods, grants, planned giving, and campaigns.
• Provide oversight for planning and implementation of special events designed to friend-raise and fund-raise.
• Participate in the formation of department wide fund policies and guidelines.
• Work closely with the CEO/GM to plan and implement annual operation budget for individual support and special event support.
• Manage interviewing and selection, coaching, compensation, discipline, performance appraisal training and career development of individual support and special event employees.
• Work closely with the CEO/GM and Board of Directors in the identification of fundraising priorities; execute or direct the execution of fundraising programs to attain such priorities.
• Work closely with station management to ensure alignment in development activities and programming.
• Maintain familiarity with important issues related to public media fundraising.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: This position requires an experienced, positive, energetic, creative individual. Moderate to seasoned level of nonprofit fundraising experience. A bachelors’ degree is required. Experience in public broadcasting fundraising and management a plus. This a full-time position.
How To Apply
Email resume to Laura Wolf at email@example.com