Development Director at Casa de Amigos
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this job is to support fundraising activities, donor relations and involve people (volunteers, clients, and the general public) in the programs of Casa de Amigos in a way that is meaningful for themselves and the agency. It includes representing the agency and having concern for the overall image of Casa de Amigos. Duties may include, but are not limited to, those associated with the job purpose and those listed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop and implement a plan for nurturing and responding to donors. Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
• Has overall responsibility for agency public relations (i.e. public service announcements, newspaper articles, TV/radio coverage, interviews, public appearances, speaking engagements, etc.) including promotional materials (brochures, fact sheets, video, DVD, display boards, flyers, etc.) and audio-visual equipment.
• Takes the lead and/or supports all special events and fundraising activities of Casa de Amigos, both internal and external.
• Responsibility for grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
• Works closely with Executive Director and Board Committees preparing and following an annual fundraising and public relations timeline for the agency.
• Attends appropriate community meetings to network and make community contacts for resource possibilities.
• Work closely with staff in order to relay special programming events internally and/or to the public.
• Produces agency newsletters and materials for the general public.
• Gives tours of Casa de Amigos for special groups as scheduled; arranges in-house “Speaker’s Bureau” to assist with talks and tours.
• Updates and maintains agency website and all social media.
• Coordinates photography and picture files of Casa de Amigos programs and events.
• Serves as point of contact for all donations (phone calls for contributions or requests for donations) and coordinates donations log and thank-you’s to individuals, groups, and organizations who contribute time or “goods” to Casa de Amigos
• Maintain donor records, prospective donor list and donor information database.
• Assist with volunteer recruitment and supports volunteer program.
• Submits monthly reports in a timely manner.
• Participates in staff meetings.
• Maintains an updated mailing list.
• Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Maintains Casa de Amigos scrapbooks for historical purposes.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Tonya Eckert, Executive Director at email@example.com.