Development Director at Crisis Center of West Texas
Position: Development Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Type: Full time, salaried, exempt
Position Summary: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the agency fundraising including grant writing, annual gifts program, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Crisis Center of West Texas
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Knowledge and experience in grant writing, fund raising techniques and fundraising software programs
- Possession of the skills to work with and motivate, staff, board members & other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit follow-through on tasks and goals.
- Represent the agency positively in public, exhibiting professionalism, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- 3 years + prior experience in grant writing and professional fundraising preferred
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish and maintain effective communications.
- Grow a fundraising program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors
- Oversee grant process for the agency, including research, proposal writing and submission, and meeting reporting requirements.
- Build planned giving program.
- Direct the annual fund program including mailing and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives
- Coordinate special events and recruit and sustain volunteer assistance for event.
- Work closely with Executive Director, Board of Directors and community members.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about Crisis Center of West Texas with the community.
- Oversee new prospect research
- Investigate, initiate and implement new strategies to bring more funding to the agency.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Committee of the Board to develop, implement and successfully complete annual fundraising plans.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems ensuring timely and accurate input of donations and timely thank you letters are sent to donors.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
How To Apply
To apply visit Indeed.com