Development Director at Marfa Public Radio
Marfa Public Radio believes in the capacity of public media to shape and animate who we are, where we live, and how we relate. Public media from West Texas serves a critical role in our state and our nation: from border stories to energy stories, West Texas is a part of the country whose stories need to be amplified. MPR has been one of the most awarded small-market stations in the nation for excellence in journalism. We are looking for a dynamic Development Director who is passionate about facilitating the financial health of our stations.
The Development Director is an integral member of our team. S/he will develop and implement our annual fundraising strategy with know-how, wit, and attention to detail. Our Development Director is a passionate advocate for the power of public radio. We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate success at generating revenue through multiple funding streams: membership, major donor cultivation, underwriting, and grants. Other important attributes include being a team player, having a sense of humor, and a strong belief in the power of storytelling. This is a full-time, salaried position. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Location: Our Development Director could be based in Marfa or Midland, Texas.
- Develop, maintain and execute KRTS/KXWT’s annual fundraising plan
- Work with the General Manager and Membership Associate to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and businesses in accordance with budget goals
- Work with General Manager to create a multi-year strategy to grow the portfolio of business underwriters and lead business solicitation efforts
- Manage and maintain the eTapestry database and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- With the General Manager, grow and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for growing the base of annual individual donors in accordance with budget forecasts
- Oversee planning and organization of special events – including fundraisers and donor cultivation/stewardship events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation grants
- Three-plus years experience in nonprofit development
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Demonstrated organizational, managerial, and communication skills
How To Apply
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Director Position.”