Development and Communications Administrator at Midland Children's Rehabilitation Center
Midland Children’s Rehabilitation Center, Inc. (MCRC) an equal opportunity employer, is a Midland, Texas based non-profit organization that provides rehabilitation services, facilities and information to children and their families in the Permian Basin at little or no cost. MCRC specializes in neurologic and orthopedic needs.
The development and communications administrator will write and prepare grants and the necessary follow up reports. Additionally, they will write and execute the marketing plan and provide insight and support for the development plan.
- Write and administer the marketing plan
- Execute grants; gather information and data, prepare proposals and grant applications according to guidelines, track progress and comply with grant reporting as required by foundation / corporate donors.
- Report findings to the Board on a monthly basis. Coordinate with contract grant writer if necessary.
- Develop and produce communications, website content, social media content and public relations messages and event collateral to consistently articulate MCRC’s mission including but not limited to:
-Newsletter, Mission Moments, Wait Room information and Parent Newsletter
-Press Release and media relations
-Prepare ED and board to represent the agency to the media as needed
-Print materials, multi-media presentations, radio and television
-Research new methods / formats to reach our target audience
-Serve as primary photographer and videographer
- Work with committees to develop needed materials and media coverage; videos, AV equipment and oversee building readiness for events at MCRC
- Research and seek out new foundation grant opportunities
- Cultivate and appreciate relationships with current and new foundations / trusts
- Assist with training and leading staff, board and volunteers to support fund raising efforts
- Meet with relevant board committees and volunteers regarding initiatives, projects, events and campaigns
- Assist with special events and programs of MCRC, noting that some of these events may be scheduled in the evening or on weekends
- Qualified candidates must be eligible to work full-time in the United States for an indefinite period of time
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in development and/or marketing or similar non-profit position
- College degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated competencies in team work, project management and skills related to the fundraising lifecycle and non-profit donor development
- Highly organized, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be self-motivated
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment with a readiness to assume broad responsibilities
- Understand and embrace the donor / volunteer service mentality
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and demonstrated knowledge in design programs (Adobe) as well as data base programs
- Ability to review, understand and explain budgets and financial reports
- Association of Fund Raising Professionals membership
- Continuing Education allowance
- Consideration of other options based on areas of interest and growth with application to MCRC
MCRC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, gender, disability or genetic information. MCRC maintains a drug-free workplace.
How To Apply
Resumes can be submitted by email to Gail Heathington - email@example.com or by mail to:
Midland Children's Rehabilitation Center
Midland, TX 79705