Corporate Sponsorship Coordinator at Basin PBS/KPBT-TV
Position will be responsible for carrying out Basin PBS underwriting activities under the guidance of the Development Director and General Manager. The underwriting coordinator will work with other departments to meet overall Basin PBS fundraising goals and objectives in the most efficient and responsive manner. This position requires regular contact and coordination with public and private organizations and the general public.
- Work with the Development Director and General Manager to develop concepts and initiatives to execute plans to meet underwriting goals.
- Work with the Development Director, key volunteers and others in identifying, meeting and soliciting key prospects for the funding of programs and operational funds for the station.
- Complete consistent research on potential individual, foundation and corporate donors to approach for underwriting opportunities without interfering with major donor prospects.
- Make regular cold calls and set up meetings to present proposals and materials generated specifically for prospect.
- Keep underwriters updated on air, social media, newspaper, etc. recognition.
- Assist Texas PBS in making solicitations through Corporate Underwriting, program sponsorships and interaction to secure state wide sponsors.
- Work with local contacts to arrange trades of airtime for needed services and supplies for the station to save budgetary funds and/or heighten the public’s awareness of Basin PBS.
- After underwriting is sold work in conjunction with appropriate individuals to create commercials spots for on air finalizing production with the clients approval of all creative.
- Complete contract and traffic order in order for airtime to be billed and placed on air in accordance with the agreement made with the client.
- Regularly check affidavits to ensure spots sold have aired.
- Review monthly reports provided by NETA to insure correct billing, commission payments and on air accounting.
- Represents Basin PBS to the public through speaking engagements, on-air pledging, events, luncheons, chamber functions and any place that will present opportunity to network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- College degree in marketing, business or related field is preferred.
- Media sales experience preferred.
- Time and resource management skills.
- Identify and develop a strong understanding of client's core objectives and challenges.
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback.
- A positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor.
- Ability to utilize a disciplined sales strategy to keep the process moving, work ahead and juggle multiple client interactions.
- Knowledge of community service groups and businesses.
- Computer skills; strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to Cecelia Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org