Assistant Executive Director at Midland Children 's Rehabilitation Center
The Assistant Executive Director will assist and support the Executive Director of Midland Children’s Rehabilitation Center in every aspect of center operation. The Assistant Executive Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission, daily operation and meeting financial objectives and overseeing the well-being of its employees and stakeholders. Subject to Board of Directors approval, the ultimate expectation for this position is that the Assistant Executive Director will within one year be considered for the position of Executive Director.
Specific MCRC board and committee responsibilities:
1. Meet with the MCRC Board of Directors, Board of Governors, MCRC Fund Board and Medical Advisory Board as scheduled. Work with each board to ensure that annual goals and financial targets are being met.
2. Assist in the execution of the organization’s long-range strategic plan which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
3. Support the development and execution of program as guided by the Director of Therapy Services, assist in the execution of organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
4. Work with the development office to ensure that fundraising is meeting financial targets in a timely way to include grants, events and donor cultivation.
5. On behalf of the Executive Director, communicate with the volunteer coordinator to ensure active and broad participation by volunteers in appropriate areas of the organization’s work.
6. Assist in the maintenance of official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
7. Identify gaps in knowledge transfer and create policies and procedures to smooth the transition to the position of E.D.
In communications, the Assistant Executive Director will:
1. Work with the Executive Director to make sure that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important influencing factors.
2. Oversee all public relations and media items as developed by the Marketing and Development staff describing the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
3. Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
4. Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff, the Assistant Executive Director will:
1. Work with the Executive Director for the recruitment, employment, and termination of all personnel.
2. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
3. Work with the Executive Director to see that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
4. Encourage staff and volunteer development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
5. Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In facility management, budget and finance, the Assistant Executive Director will:
1. Represent the Executive Director where appropriate
2. Work with the Executive Director, staff, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
3. Work with the Executive Director to ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
4. In support of the Executive Director, work with the president and secretary of the Board of Directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and work with the Executive Director in overseeing MCRC facilities: 802 Ventura, Midland Texas; and 4407 Meadowlark, Midland Texas. a. Oversee management, maintenance and repair of these facilities and property
How To Apply
Call Brooke Mueller 432-498-2053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org