Annual Giving Coordinator at University of Texas Permian Basin
Description: The University of Texas – Permian Basin invites applicants for the position of Annual Giving Coordinator in the Office of Advancement. This professional staff member will report to the Director of Alumni & Constituent Relations and will responsible for the planning and management of the University’s Annual Giving Programs, including overall responsibility for appeals to all constituencies.
- Plans and implements a strategy for the continued growth of all levels of annual giving, coordinates all direct mail, phone-a-thon, personal face-to-face and online appeals.
- Provides direction and coordinates all annual giving programs and events, including planning, assessment, budgeting, record-keeping and successful staff support for all events and activities on and off campus which involve the alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
- Ensures and maintains the fundraising efforts to keep the operating revenue at a healthy level for sustainable programs of the University.
- Oversees the comprehensive Annual Giving Programs: Reunion Years, Matching Gifts, Parents, Friends of UTPB, Senior Campaign, and Faculty & Staff programs.
- Maintains personal portfolio of annual giving program dollars and prospects; calls and solicits donors and prospects.
- Works with senior staff and Major Gift officers to coordinate Annual Giving Program efforts for trustee and major gift prospects.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards alumni, parents, current and future students, and friends for the Annual Giving program.
- Assists the Director of Alumni & Constituent Relations with aspects of our Alumni Engagement Strategy.
- Responsible for the communications with all constituency groups and analyzes ROI for appeals and direct marketing.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; a minimum of three (3) years’ direct experience managing annual giving programs or related advancement experience, preferably in a non-profit environment..
- Demonstrated analytical and fundraising skills, with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Well-rounded, disciplined, detail- and results-oriented, self-motivated and energetic individual.
- This position requires an individual that understands person-to-person relationships and who has the ability to convincingly articulate needs and goals that motivate potential donors to make gifts.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- This is an exempt position and the expected work schedule is Monday through Friday.
- As an exempt employee this schedule will vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities.
- The individual holding this position will need to be available early morning, evening, and weekend hours to meet the needs of the department.