Adult Education Coordinator at Casa de Amigos
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this job is to coordinate and implement programs and activities which meet the needs of adult clients in the community. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, those described in the duties below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as program coordinator for the following Adult Basic Education programs:
1. English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
2. General Education Development (GED) classes
3. Citizenship classes
• Provides orientation, training, and supervision to instructors/volunteers in ESL, GED and Citizenship program
• Provides hospitality for volunteers and assures that instructors and/or volunteers (i.e., tutors, mentors, etc.) receive necessary assistance for meeting space, supplies, guidance, and instructions.
• Provides supervision and/or coordinates with adult education coordinators, both contract instructors and staff for programs under adult education.
• Teaches and/or coordinates instruction for adult education classes.
• Helps Identify, recruit, screen and enroll students.
• Maintains community contacts pertaining to adult education, i.e. Midland College, Midland Need to Read, etc.
• Offers support to students through follow up meetings, phone calls, educational guidance, and instruction.
• Maintains accurate and current program records, statistics, and reports; submits reports in a timely manner.
• Maintains awareness of other programs and resources both within Casa de Amigos and in the community; coordinates and refers when appropriate.
• Supports Casa de Amigos volunteer program in all areas of the agency.
• Coordinates with Community Relations Manager for public relations and outreach.
• Attends job related training(s) and works as a team member.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Relates and works well with people of all ages, ethnicity, economic and educational levels.
• Ability to work with other staff; a “team player”.
• Flexibility to change and adjust programs according to needs of participants.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Capable of handling multiple priorities.
• Teaching experience or extensive on-the-job experience and knowledge in educational needs required.
• Bilingual verbal and written skills preferred; but not required.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. May include some evening (specifically Tuesday and Thursday evenings) or weekend time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or related field
• Teaching or on-the-job experience and knowledge in educational needs for adults.
• Computer knowledge
• Bi-lingual a plus
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Tonya Eckert, Executive Director, at email@example.com